Update (16.09.2014): Happy hangover! No worries, we've got enough coffee in the venue. The conference is taking place at the Historisches Kaufhaus (Google Maps. Please don't forget your badge or bring along your ID.
- Wi-Fi SSID: SmashingConf / Pass: icecream
- Hashtag: @smashingconf (tweet and win goodies!)
- Schedule for today.
- Lunch options: Münstermarkt (just outside the venue!), Rappen am Münsterplatz (regional food), MM! Leckerbar (soups, salads), Tacheles (regional, meet and vegeterian).
- Historic Photowalk: we meet outside the Historisches Kaufhaus around 6pm on Tuesday.
- Workshops will be taking place on Wednesday. Registrtion starts around 08:00.
- Attendee Pack (PDF)
- Attendees list
- Taxi Freiburg: Online Service (or +49 (0)761 555555)
How exactly do we work, design and code to solve real-life problems? What are the lessons learned from recent projects? SmashingConf Freiburg is back, and it's never been as practical. 1 track, 2 conference days, 4 workshops, 18 excellent speakers and just 300 available seats. Taking place on 15-16th Sep 2014 in our lovely hometown Freiburg, Germany. Check the SmashingConf Freiburg attendees list.
To keep our tradition of organizing conferences at unique places, we did not choose lovely Freiburg randomly. The conference will be taking place in the one-of-a-kind Freiburg Town Hall on September 15–16, 2014, and since it's a Smashing conference, you should expect surprises here and there, and no, we're not going to reveal them just yet!
Need help convincing your boss? We've got your back: download "Convince Your Boss" PDF (0.2 Mb).
First confirmed speakers:
- Orchestrating Content
- Long Life Web Pages: Our Battle Against The Browser
- Good is the enemy of great: On designing, and then undesigning, a perfect link underline
- Be All In Without Checking Out
- Adaptive Input
- Dynamic Static Site Strategies (and other tongue twisters).
- Design Decisions Through The Lens Of a Performance Budget
- Typefaces for screens: what matters, what not, and where typography makes all the difference
- Responsive Games: What it takes to make in-browser games that work on any device
- Co-Design Not Redesign
- Design Consistency for the Responsive Web: how we define and deliver
- The Illusion of Motion
- Big, Not Bad: Designing for Scale with Finesse.
- It’s About Time
- The Future of the Web: and how to prepare for it now
- And So The Mystery Begins...
Interested in sponsoring?
We pour our heart and soul into creating a friendly, memorable and inspiring community event for everybody involved. We keep the ticket prices as affordable as possible, and we'd be happy to welcome dear sponsors to make the event smashing in every possible way. Please contact Cat and let's make it happen!
You can get all the latest updates about the event on this website, but why not let the news come to you? Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list, follow us on Twitter or search for the hashtag #smashingconf to stay updated. We won't spam you, and we'll make sure our tweets are worth your time.