What you'll learn in this workshop:
- Make your next mobile app a pure web app so that you won't need to build separate apps for each platform anymore,
- Adopt pure web technology for optimising the reading experience for mobile users on touch-screen devices,
- Release updates instantly, without readers having to visit the app store,
- Deploy exactly the same code to every browser, on every device,
- Build a maintenance-friendly, ever-evolving Application,
- Patterns for offline web applications
- Cookies and Local Storage
- IndexedDB and WebSQL
- AppCache and ServiceWorker
- Offline data sync strategies
- Open-source libraries that can help us
- Fallback techniques for older browsers, search-engine crawlers and users that do not need an offline experience
The next generation of mobile apps will be based on HTML5 technologies. Digital products needs to evolve, and in this workshop, you’ll learn how prepare for this.
What hardware/software do you need?
- To get the most out of the workshop, you'll need to bring a laptop with a text editor and Node.js installed.