Oh, and the "...And Less" part? Responsive design is a huge topic so unfortunately it's impossible to pack everything about it into a single day. But that doesn't mean we can't try, right? Here's what will be covered:
What you'll learn:
- The ever-shifting landscape The web landscape is getting more diverse every single day, and this section will address why responsive web design is becoming increasingly essential Approach
– There's more than one way to skin this mobile web cat. We'll look at the various strategies being used to approach the multi-device Web landscape
Foundations of Responsive Design
- Responsive web design 101 . Fluid grids, flexible media and media queries make up the core of responsive web design
- Principles of Adaptive Design – What beyond layout do we need to concern ourselves with when creating great multi-device web experiences? We'll cover how ubiquity, flexibility, performance, enhancement and future-friendliness are powerful principles for making great adaptive web experiences.
- Atomic Design Introduce a design methodology for creating robust design systems, and introduce Pattern Lab, a tool for creating atomic design systems
- Strategy and Workflow Our websites are fluid, so our process and workflow needs to be fluid as well. This section will tackle thorny areas like convincing clients and colleagues, and discuss tools and techniques to effectively design in the Post-PSD Era.
- Creating adaptive interfaces is challenging, but thankfully the Web community is hard at work creating flexible, downright innovative design patterns. We'll look at how to tackle layout, navigation, images, data tables, and really anything else you can put in an interface.
- Development Best Practices The way we build websites has changed. We’ll discuss mobile-first development, CSS techniques, “support” vs “optimization”, device testing and more to help you develop future-friendly web experiences.
What hardware/software do you need?
Please bring your own notebook with you to be able to follow along.