Intro to Vue.js
Full-day workshop • October 22nd
We’ll run through all the ways that Vue quickly solves common Front-end developer implementations, as well flexible ways to access the underlying API so that you can solve for any use-case.
Vue is uniquely friendly to all levels of web developers. Whether you’re coming from a jQuery background or from other frameworks and are curious why people keep talking about Vue, or are interested in supercharging your workflow building out complex web applications with fewer bugs and more maintainable code, this course is for you.
Come join Sarah Drasner and learn the basics of the Vue and get started harnessing the power of this framework to create complex applications and building dynamic interfaces with ease.
What we’ll go over is included but not limited to:
- Why Vue.js is becoming so popular with web developers, and what it has to offer as a framework in short comparisons
- How to solve common problems such as building forms, managing data, and caching, filtering, displaying it
- How to quickly spin up a project complete with tooling like webpack with Vue-CLI
- All of the ways to make a component, how to use a template and scoped styles, and what slots and keep-alive have to offer.
- How to leverage the Vue to create complex animations with ease, including features to supercharge your workflow like transition modes and page transitions with Nuxt
- How to keep your app organized by managing state in a centralized store with Vuex (similar to Redux, if you’re coming from a React background).
What prerequisites skills do you need?
What hardware/software do you need?
Please bring your own laptop (Mac or Win) with your favorite text editor.
This full-day workshop will be hosted at the (link: locations text: Microsoft Technology Center) and will take place before the two days of Smashing Conference. The workshop will be running from 9:30am to 5:00pm on Monday, October 22nd.
Microsoft is the Workshop Sponsor for SmashingConf2018, hosting workshops in the Westin and Microsoft Times Square facility. Note: Your workshop fee covers event costs and speaker payment – Microsoft does not receive any proceeds from your ticket fee.
Schedule for Monday, October 22nd
9:00 – Doors open, Registration 9:30 – Introduction & Kick-off 11:00 – Coffee Break 13:00 – Lunch 14:00 – Afternoon Session 15:30 – Coffee Break 17:00 – The End
Save $100 when signing up for the conference and a workshop!