Chris is a web designer and developer. He created and runs CSS-Tricks, a website all about building websites, now going strong for 10 years.
He is also the co-founder of CodePen, a playground for front-end web development. It’s a social development environment for front end designers and developers.
How to Think Like a Front-End Developer
The job title front-end developer is very real. Job boards around the world confirm that. But what is that job exactly? What do you need to know to do it? What do the people that are very good at it think about how and why they do their work?
We're going to go through a journey through all of this, not just for the sake of it, but because we'll learn how we can be better at our job by understanding how other people are good at theirs.
We'll also get into the idea that front-end development might be going through a bit of an identity crisis with the front end becoming home to more and more complex technology.
All Speakers & Trainers
- Chris Coyier Front-End Workflow
- Miriam Suzanne Advanced CSS
- Sara Soueidan Accessibility, CSS
- Jennifer Brook Design Research
- David P. Simon Design Research
- Anna Migas Performance, Debugging
- Katie Sylor-Miller Performance, Git
- Steve Schoger Interface Design
- Jason Pamental Advanced Web Typography
- Brad Frost Design Systems