Dear friends, thank you so much for attending SmashingConf Toronto 2019. We’ve had a really good time in this wonderful city.
The talks have been recorded, we will be releasing the videos as soon as possible. We are collecting slides and resources, you can find them below.
If you’ve made some cool photos or plan to write a blog about the conference, we’d love to know about it.
We will be back in 2020! We don’t have a date confirmed, but if you leave your email, you’ll be the first to know!
Take me to the the Toronto 2020 website ↬
Helpful links 🎁
- Conference Handbook
- Smashing Google map with lunch places and other great places to explore
- Collaborative Doc Day 1
- Collaborative Doc Day 2
- SmashingConf Slack Channel
- #smashingconf on Twitter
Last but not least, please mind our Code of Conduct. ❤️
🔗 Speaker links
- Dan Mall on Design Systems: Pilots & Scorecards.
- Brad Frost himself on a frontend workshop environment.
- Tools: Patternlab.io, https://storybook.js.org, Fractal, VueDS.
- Useful repos on Github: Vanilla React (UI starter kit) and Vanilla Pattern Lab Starter Kit.
- Other fun/useful sites: shouldiuseacarousel.com, placeholder.com, This is responsive.
- Branding policy
- Logo standard
- Privacy statement
- Accessibility policy we developed for Greg V
- This is the Codepen from the animation he coded live on stage.
You can find a lot of other wonderful animations on his Codepen account.
Seb Lester, our Mystery Speaker
- Twitter moment
- You can find the menu she coded on Codepen, where you can also find a lot of her other work too.
Musing on his topic:
- Photos by Marc Thiele.
- Dan Rose – SmashingConf Toronto
- The Solace Team – Recap of Day 1
- The Solace Team – Recap of Day 2
- Arshabhi Rai from Solace also wrote a detailed description about the talks on Day 1 and Day 2.
- Diego and Thomas from HDNET attended SmashingConf Toronto and wrote a blog about it in German.
Our Smashing Speakers
- Phil Nash Service Workers
- Jenny Shen Design Across Cultures
- Brad Frost Design Systems
- Scott Jehl Performance
- Jules Forrest CSS Grid
- Chris Gannon Animation
- Steven Hoober Designing for Touch
- Phil Hawksworth Workflow, Deployment
- Kristina Podnar Digital Policy
- Diana Mounter Color Systems
- Dan Rose Design Workflow
- Mystery Speaker Spot the clues!