In this workshop, you'll learn:
- Why performance matters from a business perspective.
- How to test for, and identify, performance issues in your own sites and appplications.
- Tools you can use for maintaining and analyzing performance.
- How to prioritize performance in your workflow to ensure it isn't left to chance.
- Common performance pitfalls people run into and how to avoid them.
- Techniques for making sure that your page renders as quickly as possible.
This workshop is for any front-end developers or designers who want to start building better performing sites. As long as you're at least familar with the basics of HTML and CSS, you'll feel right at home.
What hardware/software do you need?
To get the most out of the workshop, I recommend you bring a laptop prepared with your favorite text editor and browser.