Full-day workshop • October 16th
This full-day masterclass takes a deep dive into the world of responsive web design, covering everything including broad concepts, strategy, how responsive design affects process, responsive design patterns and principles, and more.
Style guides, design systems, and pattern libraries provide solid ground for us to stand on as we tackle the increasingly diverse and fast-moving web landscape. This full-day session will tackle all that goes into making and maintaining successful interface design systems, including:
What you'll learn:
- Atomic Design Principles – We’ll cover core principles of modular UI interface design and discuss considerations around atomic design, a methodology for crafting robust, deliberate design systems.
- Selling Pattern Libraries – We all know design systems and pattern libraries are great, but how do you get your clients, bosses, and teammates on board? We’ll cover tactics and tools for selling pattern libraries to clients and stakeholders, and detail how to create an interface inventory to pave the way for style guide success.
- A Pattern-Based Process – Making modular interfaces requires massive shifts in our design and development process. We’ll discuss why front-end development is an essential part of the design process and demonstrate how tools like lo-fi sketches, style tiles, element collages, Pattern Lab, and others facilitate collaboration—and result in successful design systems.
- Style Guide Maintenance – Like a fine wine, a design system increases in value over time. We’ll discuss tactics and techniques to ensure that your pattern library stays in sync, and your design system provides lasting value to your organization.
- UI Patterns – Creating modular interfaces is challenging, but thankfully the web community is hard at work creating flexible, downright innovative UI design patterns. We’ll look at patterns for tackling layout, navigation, images, data tables, and really anything else you can include in an interface.
By the end of the day, you’ll be armed with all the insights and resources you need to create, sell, and maintain effective interface design systems.
Who is it for?
The workshop is intended for visual, interaction and UX designers as well as front-end developers who are seeking for the right responsive design process and deliverables.
What hardware/software do you need?
Please bring your own notebook with you to be able to follow along.
IED School of Design
C/ Biada, 11,
Schedule for Monday, October 16th
8:30 – Doors open, Registration
9:00 – Introduction & Kick-off
11:00 – Coffee Break
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Afternoon Session
15:00 – Coffee Break
17:00 – The End, Networking
Save $100 when signing up for the conference and a workshop!